Senior Visual Designer
Senior Visual Designers are talented, driven people with a passion for crafting groundbreaking work and a commitment to solving problems collaboratively for our clients. At WebLinc, you are in the trenches with project teams, but will also keep your eyes on our client’s overall brand, business, and project goals. You’ll be hands-on at every stage of the project lifecycle, from brainstorming creative concepts with the team, developing original design solutions, and leading creative presentations, all the way to launch.
WebLinc is a collaborative work environment, so a Senior Visual Designer needs to collaborate across disciplines on a daily basis, all while maintaining high standards for original concepts and detailed execution. This is an opportunity to define and shape how people shop online, and a passion for doing this is critical.
- Conceptualize, craft, and present design solutions to achieve user-centered goals.
- Interface directly with clients and lead creative presentations with project stakeholders.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to produce deliverables that meet project goals and client expectations.
- Clearly communicate work and how it achieves project and/or business objectives.
- Take an iterative approach to design while being collaborative and open to critiques from team members and clients.
- Plan, scope, and estimate project requirements with team members and produce deliverables on time and on budget.
- Mentor junior designers to develop their skills.
- Demonstrate high standards of craftsmanship, attention to detail, and adherence to company process and industry best practice.
- Manage creative tasks across multiple projects, teams, and clients.
- Contribute to our sales and marketing efforts.
- Help shape the commerce industry by being innovative and up-to-date on design trends.
- A digital problem solver with 2+ years experience as a Senior Designer or similar.
- Direct client experience with the ability to build relationships, understand client vision/direction, and present designs and concepts.
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking skills. We want people who use design to tell compelling stories and solve problems.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- A go-getter who doesn’t need much to hit the ground running.
- A leader and team player that works with team members, as well as mentors Junior Designers.
- A great communicator who sets expectations clearly and presents work confidently.
- Ability to design intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation.
- Experience with designing online storefronts and knowledge of ecommerce best practices is a huge plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of user experience as it relates to interactive design, including responsive design techniques, testing methods, data-driven design decisions, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS, as well as their capabilities and limitations.
- A great attitude towards team collaboration and willingness to compromise to achieve a goals.
- A portfolio that blows us away, showcasing digital interactive work and experience.