Data Engineer [Hadoop Ecosystem]
WebLinc is looking for an experienced Data/Operations Engineer with a track record of taking initiatives and running with them, working within the Hadoop ecosystem, and familiarity with Amazon web Services. This is a high impact role and this individual will be primarily responsible for the operations and upkeep of our newest product, Insights.
Insights is an analytics suite that augments the role of a data analyst within our retail clients. Through the consumption and analysis of site tracking data, we build easy-to-follow suggested actions in real-time for marketers and merchandisers to take with their product catalogs to improve revenue and optimize sales.
We're looking for someone who likes solving problems and isn't afraid to dig in and get things done. We are a small team that works very closely together and we'd love to talk to you about joining us.
- Ensure the high-availability and performance of the Insights service
- Responsible for managing, maintaining and improving Insights infrastructure in AWS, in collaboration with the operations team and outside contractors- Collaborate with our operations team and product team to maintain and improve the data and functionality of the Insights platform
Must have experience with:
- Management and delivery of highly-available, cluster-based services.
- Apache Hadoop Ecosystem
- Configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, Chef
- Consulting or Team Management required - we need someone who knows how to hold themselves accountable, make varying types of educated decisions, and be a self-motivated problem solver
- e-commerce experience preferred
- Genuine desire to enjoy your job
- Ability to speak your mind, share your opinions and collaborate with team members